Monday, January 28, 2008

political growing up

I think this is the first time I've really had to look at what I believe and how I feel about the presidential candidates... And for the record... I'd like other options... :)

I thought the article that I posted last week summed it up well, and initially I wasn't sure that I agreed with it, but as I finished it, it made perfect sense to me.... What really matters is experience and how you're going to "fix" things... who is going to do the best job? I'm not going to vote for you simply because you believe in the same God that I do. Even Huckabee said that religion shouldn't be a factor when choosing a candidate... and yet, that seems to be his whole platform. Not really, but it's a pretty big factor for him.


All I can confidently say right now is... I'm not voting for Hillary. Other than that... I think I'm still open for debate.

6 comments:

TheJacquets4 said...

Yup, I'm with you on that. I don't vote for the person based on their religious beliefs (unless they're really radical and they want to go nuts w/ it in gov- then, um, no)- as Melissa said- that's supposed to be separate from gov anyway- although I suppose it's hard when you have abortion and stuff. My brain hurts now!

louann said...

I also agreed with some of the things the article said. I think the candidates are throwing that out there specifically FOR those people who won't pay attention to much else, but will vote for the guy who loves Jesus the most. And there are plenty of those. Thank God there are also plenty of intelligent Christians who will go that extra step and look at more than that. Every single president we've had that I know had a strong faith, so it's really nothing new, but as with everything else, the media looks for anything it can to get more viewers and listeners and so the media are the ones who are really distorting this i think. You are very smart to look at and beyond this characteristic. Good luck.

Melon said...

It is really all about who's going to do the best job and how they are going to straighten things out....I have a feeling there's still alot to come between now and November. :) Good luck weeding through all the crap that's in between....I guess I should wish us all luck, huh? :)

Lisa Pisa said...

I think I'm really going to study the candidates this time around as well. It's something I never have done on my own. I've just listened to the opinions of others around me. It's time for me to pick my own!

Lisa Pisa said...

I keep hearing Bill is doing some nasty compaigning for Hillary...I don't like that tactic. If all you have to talk about is how bad the other candidates are, that's worrisome to me! I mean, I'm sure there's more to Hillary than her smear campaign, but it's really annoying that that's how things are going with her. I'll need to study up to see who I'm going to choose....This may sound crazy, but I'm really going to look at Ron Paul....I'm sure he won't win, but at least I can throw a vote his way if I believe in his causes...

Anonymous said...

I just want to come see you, then I can start thinking. See you tomorrow! Love you, Mom