Alright, well I'm glad so many of you enjoyed the bat story. Last Friday I have another "visitor". :)
I heard a buzzing coming from the kitchen, and assumed it was a fly. However, a huge hornet coming at me soon proved me wrong. Luckily it lost interest in me and went to look at our DVD collection. I got a brilliant idea to suck it up with a vacuum. And sure enough, I got the nozzle right up to it, and sucked it up. Wahoo. I then called Beth, and she assured me that if the suction didn't kill the beast, then it would starve to death in the bag. Super Duper! Only, about 15 min later I saw that dang hornet on the floor about 5 inches from the vacuum. AGH! I looked around and saw all of those "riveting" computer books Dave likes. So I grabbed one and threw down of the monster and smote him. muahahahahahaha!
It's not over. More adventure awaits me on Saturday.
The next day, I was unloading groceries from the car. I took my purse inside and closed the door behind me just a bit so it wouldn't lock but enough to not let anything in. And as I'm walking out to the car, I think to myself "this is stupid, I'm going to close the door on myself." SURE ENOUGH! I was walking out for the last load and closed the door right behind me. *smacks forehead*
Now Dave was home, but he was passed out asleep. He's working mids now, so we're on completely different schedules. Now, I could have gone to a neighbor's house and called Dave, but alas, the good wife that I am, I turned the ringer off on the phone so it wouldn't wake him. I rang the door bell a few times, but no luck. I walked around the house, trying figure something out and I realized that our windows were open. I couldn't get the screen off though, but I remembered that Dave bought me a road side emergency kit for me so I went to the car and looked in there. I found a flat head and popped the screen off and climbed in.
And thus, my exciting weekend.
Nothing has happened this weekend. I'm keeping my guard up though! :)
6 comments:
oh no do you have a black cloud overhead :( Such bad luck. I bet you win the lottery next week...you should play...Something good should come of your little misfortunes ;)
lol, yes I agree. I told mom I thought I must be cursed. Maybe I will play the lottery!
I saw your mommy and daddy yesterday :)
oh ha ha ha - Sarah you are so funny and WONDERFUL at taking care of yourself! that made me laugh, but isn't it great that YOU took care of it without Dave?!!? Well, you did TRY to get him, but then you just took care of it....with the tools he had provided for you in case of such an emergency! of course the bat incident was totally a man thing, but the others you did great on! so, was the weekend safe?
You poor baby! My co-worker also feels bad for you. I wish I ever had any excitement like this. The cats try to trip me daily and the dogs like to get my clothes dirty. We did Raid a HUGE brown spider to death after chasing it for two minutes around the living room. It was so big I thought it was a baby scorpion. Nothing compared to your adventures though :)
Sarah, I have a tick story, but I think I need you to ghost write it for me. We need to get you a book deal, you'd be rich. Hope the weekend was free of other "pests" and that life is treating you well. Shawn
Post a Comment