Sorry it's been so long! First, Happy late Birthday to Bethany! :)
Quick run down of what's been happening in Maryland.
Last weekend my friend Connie and I went to Colorfest in Thurmont, MD... just up the road from us. I was told it was a pretty big deal, so I was pretty curious. Oh my goodness, it was HUGE. Insane for such a small town. They know how to do a craft fair! LOL I didn't buy much though, but Connie did have her first ever funnel cake (she just moved here from Germany) and I'm happy to say she really enjoyed it. :)
This weekend I participated in my first 5K walk. It was benefiting the local Susan G. Koman foundation. Two of my coworkers went with me and we had a pretty good time up until the last mile of the walk. That last bit killed me a bit! LOL Then I went home and passed out from exhaustion! :)
Yesterday I had my first "weekend" at Hallmark. We also had a Friends & Family night and that was slightly insane. Great turn out though... but I was on my feet for 9.5 hours.... so between the walk and work yesterday, my legs feel like jelly today.. :)
No plans for this weekend yet. I'm still hoping to go to one of the pumpkin patches around here, so we'll see. This is Dave's last week working mid's so we'll be on the same schedule now... Yeah!
Alright, that's all! :) Hope everyone is having gorgeous weather! Our weather keeps changing. One day it's lovely in the 60's the next day it's in the 80's. I never know what to wear! :)
6 comments:
Sarah, I envy you and your fall craft fair! It's hard to find anything wonderful like that around LV anymore. We were going to try one in Baldwin, but our leaves were still green last week! so we decided to wait till next year. now leaves are falling off. we didn't have very good fall color. they said it was because we'd had too many warm days.
Congrats on the 5k!! The weather sounds like missouri, the other day it was 82 and today it is in the 60's, what the heck?!?!?
Yeah way to participate in your local Susan G Komen RACE :):) It is getting COLD here!!!
You sound busy! Maybe you'll be around next year for the Hallmark ornament premier. In LV they do it at midnight and people are camped out at the door all day. What a zoo!
To Louann- the craft fair at Ft. LV is fantastic in my opinion! I got all my gifts there last year- you should try it if it's not already gone.
Kudos to you for participating in the 5k - and what a great cause!
It does sound like you are so busy!!!
Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment