This past weekend, I took completely off from work to finish Christmas shopping and do my holiday baking. Well, I got the shopping done, but the baking is only half done as we keep thinking of people to give cookies too.... It's fun though and Dave's going to help me with the rest of the cookies this weekend, since, miricle or miracles I wasn't scheduled for this weekend at Hallmark... WAHOO. You can bet I'll be screening phone calls those days.. LOL
On Sunday night we had a party for the Hallmark employees. It was pretty difficult to get to and I'm glad we took Dave's truck with 4x4. Once we finally found the drive way it was a steep, curvey gravel one... Then half way through I started having trouble breathing... later learned they have dogs... nice. So...we get to the truck and realize the drive way is also pretty muddy... great. Anyways, long story, we did make it home, but I wouldn't say it was a great night. A for effort though!
I'm working both jobs the rest of the week though and I'm looking forward to finishing the cookies and getting everything to the post office. That should be a fun time. The post office is like the Leavenworth one rather than the Lansing one... I think Shawn and Erin know what I'm talking about... rude lady at leavenworth....ugh!
Alright, well that's all. Next week is the Christmas party here at work... should be a hoot! :) Is everyone done with shopping???? :)
6 comments:
haha got ya on the post office thing. i go 2 dana the guy, forget Judy! haha
I have a few more people left to go. I'm in the home stretch!
I've been busy today with Aunt Kay and her two babies here at the house. I was going to try to get out but was a little dizzy. What's new. Anyway, I've got a list of things to get done tomorrow. Aunt Ann's out of electricity still, Birk's are out and Aunt Kay's still out. We got plenty. Praise God!
I try not to go to the post office unless it's necessary!! All done Christmas Shopping- I've actually been done for a few weeks. I'm going to make cookies too, but only for one gift, the work exchange, so I'm making them the night before (at least that's the plan). But I've just gotten going on the Christmas cards. I hope to finish up by this weekend and get stamps and send them on their way. Thank you for the engagement card. I loved it, I took it to JD's but with unloading everything else from the car, I forgot to get it out. But I discribed it to him and he laughed, so good one.
Shawn
Still have to get some stocking stuffers but the big things are done. I love Amazon and Etsy! ;)
That's scary about the driving! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound!
I haven't been to any Christmas parties yet, but that's only because I've been kinda busy.
I finished up my shopping last week and hauled five large boxes to the post office on Monday for mailing - sheesH! I'm just glad it's done. :)
Happy Holidays!!!
Post a Comment