Sunday, June 29, 2008

BBQ Fest and Hiking




Last weekend we went to DC for the National BBQ Festival. Turns out... not so national. But, still a good time. The first picture is a Honda Pilot, I think, that they had attatched a grill to. Dave was pretty impressed and in love. :)

While we were there, we realized we were only about 2 or 3 blocks from The White House. So.. we walked up and finally got a good close up picture.

Today, while Dave was at work, I ventured out with a group of complete strangers and went on a hike. It was a good time after the initial part that was strickly uphill. I don't think I talked the entire time we were going uphill. I was concentrating on moving and breathing. :) But, I did it! We did about 4-5 miles... so I'd say a pretty good work out. I didn't think about taking a camera, but should have, there were some pretty awesome views.

The group goes on a hike once a week, so if I keep up, I should be in pretty good shape... LOL

Ok, well that's the update. :) Happy Fourth of July everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, where did you find out about this group of hikers? And how brave you are! Always admired tht in you, that you'd do stuff by yourself like that. Me, not so much, if ever.
Good pictures.

TheJacquets4 said...

Love the grill. Total man accessory there! A once a week hike sounds so fun!

louann said...

good thing the hill was on the first part - get it over with, then enjoy the rest of the walk! wish I could do it with you! I had a dream last night that mountain lions seriously injured our dogs, so I can't go anywhere till I get that out of my mind...if it's not skunks spraying at all hours of the night, it's mountain lions. nature. geez.

Cathy said...

I'll have to make sure Don sees the grill picture...he'll love it!!

Melon said...

Way to go on the hiking with strangers! Sounds like you had a good time. :)

I think Steve would enjoy that grill too...wouldn't they all??

Manda P. said...

The grill is cool! Loved it! Cool pic of the white house too.

Your hiking does sound fun! I applaud you on doing it with complete strangers!!

Lisa Pisa said...

That's an awesome pic of the White Hosue!!!

Hiking sounds awesome! I want to go hiking!!!! I never have anyone that will go with me, though :(

That grill is hilarious!