Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Big Updates

So, I was trying to wait till I had time to sit down and update with pictures, but so many things have happened that I'm just going to tell without pictures. :)

In August, Dave & I took a trip down to Texas to see my Grandparents and then also got to visit with my Uncle Sam & Aunt Ann & my cousin Kathy, her husband Dustin and there little slobber monster Aiden. We had a wonderful time and it was nice to get away. Lisa W, so sorry we didn't get together. :(

My parents came for a visit at the begining of the month and we went up to the Pocono's for the weekend. It was a wonderful time except that Dave couldn't come and I somehow managed with screw up my ankle. I can hike all over the mountains, but walking on flat ground is tricky! LOL No, I stepped in a hole and rolled onto my ankle. Good times.

We also got a new addition to our family. Abigail Boots is our new kitty. We got her from the Animal Welfare League. She's a little Tuxedo kitten and has yet to come face to face with her Brother. So, far it's just face/gate/face. Jasper is not the friendliest cat, so we're introducing them slowly. :)

Our biggest news is that after about a year of paperwork and talking and waiting, we got news last week that Dave is infact going to be Medically discharged from the Army. He's got pretty bad knee problems. So, yeah.... That's what we're taking in right now. We had pretty much accepted the fact the Army was going to keep Dave in for the rest of his tour (Jan '11) so, we were obviously caught off guard. But, we're just nervous/excited now about the next adventure. We'll be out before Christmas and we're pretty open about where we'll go for jobs. Our first choice is Colorado. But alas, we have to find a job there first. :)

Ok, so everyone digest that and pray that Dave gets some really awesome job offers. I'll really try to upload some pictures soon.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, well awesome! I gotta say I WILL be adding to my prayers that it would be ever so cool if God would get Dave a job in CO! Then we can see each other regularly!!! That would be the best!!

Know that is mixed news in many ways, but God knows all doesn't he? He is too incredible for words...

CONGRATS!

Diane said...

Lots of news (or should I say mews) from the Kozels! Glad to hear of Dave's good news and I hope your ankle gets better - eek!

A bit of advice about introducing cats (I ready this in CatFancy and it worked for us). Give them treats, but only when they are together, so they associate a happy thing with being around the other cat.

Love ya Chica! (Maybe God will have you move to Wichita or Salina! Now THAT would be cool).

TheJacquets4 said...

Wow! That's so exciting! CO sounds awesome and pretty close to KS, too :) I will pray you find great jobs there!

Anonymous said...

Hey Swishy! I vote with Diane....Salina would be a most excellent option! :)
Good luck with the kitty situation and the ankle.
Love ya
Joyous :)

Heather Joy said...

YEAH! Call me soon...I may have a job opportunity for Dave in KC, which I assume would be your second choice....?

Lisa Pisa said...

I know...I wish we could have gotten together! Darn Pottery Barn!!!

Congrats on your new life adventure!!! How exciting to have the entire world open for you! You can do whatever you choose, really! How liberating! You know, Austin's a great city...wink. Good luck!!!

Melon said...

How exciting! So much fun to think of all the places you could go! Have fun in your search!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sarah! What big news! I pray you are okay and I know God has amazing plans for you all. I remind myself and tell you this in hopes it will help you too...God's will is perfect! I really hope you come home closer to me! :) Sure do miss you. Will be praying for you all as you face the upcoming months...

Manda P. said...

Wow!! Congrats!! What a fun new adventure for you both! I wish you the best of luck!