Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm a grumpy elf!

Just a quick update so you're in "the know"

Dave got a call from Verizon last week with a job offer (only took them 2 1/2 months!) The job was for a position below what he was applying for and the pay was less than what he's making now, working for Rome. He asked them to send him an email with the offer because he would need to think about it. They refused and said that this was a verbal only offer. Which for us, was a red flag. They want us to move across the country with no actual written offer to make less than we're making now. They told Dave that he should be happy with their offer because he was only making x amount in the Army and their offer was for about 7K more. So... we said no thanks. Dave was pretty upset about it. Well, we both were. ugh!

So, Dave's still waiting to hear back from another job just north of Balitmore. Other than that we're back to square one and I've got to start looking for another job because apparently my current company was serious about the layoffs. jerks.

Yeah... Merry Christmas! :) I'm having a hard time getting into the spirit this year.... Oh- and last Tuesday I was in the ER again for chest tightness. They poked at me quite a bit and did xrays plus a CT scan to make sure I didn't have a blood clot. I've got to say... that contrast they give you, for the CT scan...weird. Anyways, turns out I took the wrong Mucinex... lesson learned.

I'm grumpy and this is a grumpy post. I apoligize for that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grumpy Elf is ok, sometimes you get to be Grumpy especially when all looks like it is going wrong.
Shawn