
I had planned on taking Dave to a Nationals game for his birthday, but then realized he was going to be on the mids schedule (nights) on his b-day so Sunday we went to the game to see the Nationals play the Giants. It was muy hot outside and I wasn't "hydrated" so I got a bit of heat exhaustion, but thankfully it was a VERY short game. We rode the Metro down there so it was nice not to have to worry about parking. Then after we got home some friends called and we went bowling. WAhoo. I didn't do to bad. It does get annoying when stupid teenagers next to you don't know bowling etiquette. bah. Oh-well. We had a great time and that's what matters.
Then Monday we had a cookout at some friends and had an overall great time.
We had a great weekend. It was nice to get out and do something together with other people. I still haven't really made any "great" pals here, but I'm working on it.
Now, just back to work. Work is keeping me pretty stinking busy. And then I rush home to see if Netflix has sent me another disc of The O.C. And yes, I'm totally hooked. I seriously didn't expect the show to be funny, but it really is. Good surprise. But, I'm on season four and so by the next time I post, I'll probably have finished the series. Then I can go back to reading books.... :)
5 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun quality time with the hubby. I wish I could have a weekend like that!
I have a couple suggestions for books if you want - these are two books that I'm reading/rereading right now:
Darjeeling by Bharti Kirchner (I read this a couple years ago and think I remember it being one of those "empowering women" books...I think it's being made into a movie now too, so I'm rereading it.)
Elegance:A Novel by Kathleen Tessaro (I just started this one, so I'm not sure how it will be...but it's supposed to be similar to Better than Beauty: A Guide to Charm by Alice Thompson -which I really enjoyed. Both books include writing from (charm/etiquette/fashion) books that were published in the early 1900's.)
If you decide to read them, let me know if you enjoy them. :)
Hey Sarah! I lost your address too, glad I have it now!! I want to hear your funny story about the downpayment on the cheeseburger! Looks like you had a great labor day, can't wait to see more posts!!
Glad you had the weekend off to bond! Keep the posts & pictures coming- I enjoy them :)
"great pals" are so hard to come across as you get older....many of the "friendships" I've cultivated here have been busts...oh, well....
Glad you guys had a weekend off together!!!!
I know a good book series you can start reading...
~Beth
Post a Comment