Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I think I'll just pull out my hair...

OK... so. The movers are coming on Thursday... We're STILL waiting to hear from Verizon.... in the mean time Dave does have a job here, he just doesn't want it and the pay is minimal. Dave got the contact info of a head hunter this weekend and emailed him Sunday. Sunday night Dave got a reply. So, the head hunter called Dave yesterday. Seemed pretty excited about having a perfect job for Dave in Ashburn, VA (just outside DC) Told Dave not to take any other job offers. Now... the guy that actually needs to interview Dave is out of town. YEAH... that's right. WHAT ELSE IS THE UNIVERSE GOING TO THROW AT ME? So, right now we're wating to see if they can do a phone interview. In the mean time, the movers are coming in two days! Right now they're putting our stuff in storage, but I'm not sure what we're going to do. Really hoping we get an answer soon. Both the Verizon job and the job in VA would be great career moves for Dave, so we're just praying for a job offer VERY SOON from either company.

I'm on a Pepto diet right now... my nerves are shot. My boss keeps telling me she doesn't know how I'm coherent and walking around.

So, that's our update.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! My stomach hurts for ya'll. Hang in there! In just a short while you will know something. We are praying!

Anonymous said...

Maybe switch to Tums to get the calcium in there. Hope you hear something ASAP. You're in my prayers.
Shawn

louann said...

well, it's Friday. The tough decisions are behind you. You're relocated and probably unpacking only minimal stuff. But, the Christmas Tree! it's important! put it up! then, have some peace. You need it. maybe a nice hot spa soak, candles, soft christmas music. i hope you're doing better. love ya -

Unknown said...

I love you and I am praying for you! I'll see if I can have a case of Pepto delivered!

Beth

Melon said...

Oy! Hope all is well and you've figured a few things out by now! My thoughts are with you and hoping for the best!