Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm back to work!

So, I finally got around to getting a dang job. :) I mainly wanted to get out and meet some people and also everything we want to do to this house costs money dangit! :) So, yeah. I started this past Monday. The hours are 10-7. It pretty much sucks your entire day but with these hours I avoid the heavy San Antonio traffic. And since it's a 40 min commute w/out traffic, I can appreciate the lack of it. I work for Wachovia, in the home loan dept. I'm a processor for the Loss Mitigation dept. Basically people who want to modify their home loan apply and send their paperwork in. I go through it, organize it, make sure it's all there and signed, make notations in the system and send it off to be imaged. I will say, this job makes me thankful. Every applicant has to send in a hardship letter and some are pretty hard to read. So... anyways, that what I'm doing now.
Dave was gone this week for business, so it was a hard week of adjustment. We'll see how this week goes... :)
Sadly, this also affects our planned trip home for Christmas. Unless Wachovia decides they don't need me afterall, We won't be home this year. Well... we will be home, just not our KS "home" :) I'm pretty bummed, but I'm trying to just be thankful that I was able to find a job is the "awesome, budding" economy.
Dave's parents are coming down right before Thanksgiving and my parents may be coming down for actual Thanksgiving, so we'll have some family holiday time. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We ARE coming for Thanksgiving unless you tell us not to.

Anonymous said...

It is funny what we take for granted until we really get to look around and see what we have! Hope the hours get to be more enjoyable.
Shawn

Manda P. said...

Congrats on your new job! That stinks about not being able to come home for Christmas but you have to look on the bright side like you said, at least you were able to find a job! :) Hopefully you will be able to come home next year. :)

Heather Joy said...

I'm so glad you got that job! So many people would kill for that great opportunity!