Saturday, November 04, 2006

A New Home


Well, it's been a crazy week. We left Kansas Monday morning and drove to Columbus, OH. Next morning we finished our drive to Frederick, MD. After Columbus our drive got really nice with all the mountains and trees changing colors. Arrived in Frederick and Dave checked in and we got a hotel for the night. Next morning we woke up and went straight to GMH to see about housing. On our way, TMO called and said our stuff was here. We told them we were on our way to housing, so the TMO gal said she'd give us two hours. (Yeah right, I know... finding a place in two hours)... So we went to housing aka GMH and they had a two bedroom and three bedroom ready to be moved into! *at this the heavens opened up and God personally winked at Dave and I* We went and looked at both the places and decided on the two bedroom. I like the layout more and really I'm pretty sure it was the same sqaure footage just smaller rooms in the three bedroom. So, Dave had to leave at that point to start inprocessing and I went to the GMH office to start the paperwork. Just as she was handing me the keys to our new home, the driver called me and wanted to know if we were ready. Told him "Heck yes and I'd meet him there" Then Dave called and said he was done for the day, so I picked him up and then we drove to our new home and opened the door for our movers. SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT! While the movers were unloading I called and set up our cable and internet to be done the next morning. WAHOO. :) All good.

One very sad note. Upon unwrapping our couch from storage we discovered it had mold on it.
:( Very sad. So, we are getting rid of that (it's sitting on our porch right now) and will be picked up next week and yesterday we went out shopping for a new living room set. Kind of bittersweet. We loved the couch we had, but we did find one we liked, so it's all swell now. Now we just have to wait for it to be delivered. They said the end of November but we're REALLY hoping it will come before Thanksgiving when Dave's parents come up for the first visit.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news! Enjoy living with each other. I think you guys will find some habits of each others annoying, but you will be fine! congrats! Love you! HeJo

TheJacquets4 said...

Hey! Your house looks like the one we had when we lived on post. I hope you love it! Have fun decorating and getting to know each other all over again.

A.E. Lansing said...

What great luck on the move and finding a house so quickly! I wish we had that easy of a time. Now we can share military housing stories. hee hee! Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

Dave & Sarah- it was so good to see you in KC. I know the Lord had his hand on you in your travels (hey you got to stop in Col, OH) and especially on your housing. I hope you have lots of fun and lots of grace and you get to know each other all over again!! YIPPEEEEEE. Patty/KCRAR

Anonymous said...

Sarah, Glad you had a beautiful drive and everything went so smoothly. Hope that Military wife life is your favorite job so far. Life here at Citizens is moving along as always. You're the most exciting thing we are keeping up with that I know of. Take care of each other and God Bless. Shawn

Firefly said...

Pimpster Squishy!!!

It is so good to hear from you again. . .I know you will always miss our wonderful group in those oh-so-special buisness classes, but we can't go back so just give up on that dream ok?. . .ok so maybe that's not your dream

How exciting that your husband is back. That must have been very hard. Enjoy every minute of having him there

-Elizabeth. . .Liz. . .Lizard (ASC)