Saturday, October 07, 2006

I have arrived

Ok, well this is a blog for both Dave & I. Thought it would be a great way to let you know who the trip is going and then later, in a few weeks, let everyone know how things are in Maryland.

I had a pretty good trip here, to Korea. I had a cool plane which allowed me to watch multiple movies, tv shows and play games at my very own seat. Also... huge bonus, I had a window seat and ended up having the entire row to myself. Eggsalent. So, the 14 hour plane trip turned out to be not so bad after all. Arrived in Korea, when through customs with no problems. Yeah. And a big thanks to mom for the "vitamins" before I left KCI.

So, far I have met a few of Dave's friends and tonight we're having a BBQ at someone's house. Good.

I actually arrived right at the beginning of Chu Sok, the Korean Thanksgiving. So, this city has become somewhat of a ghost town the last two days. Everyone leaves the city and heads "home" for the holiday. Dave and I tried to go shopping yesterday but we were VERY limited, so didn't get much done. But, I did have my first taste of real Korean food via Korea. (I have had some Korean food due to Aunt Ann and various neighbors) I had Kalbi. Today we got quite a bit done though. And had it all boxed up ready to ship home, and we missed the post office by TEN minutes. ah, the fun. So, we grabbed a taxi and took our three boxes of gifts to the hotel. It really was quite the adventure. *see picture of boxes*

Ok, well more pictures and blogging to come!

7 comments:

A.E. Lansing said...

Awesome! Blogging from Korea! LOVE IT! I hope you have a great visit and I look forward to more pictures. I'm glad the long flight was good! :)

Lisa Pisa said...

Wow, that's awesome! Can't wait to see a few more pics!

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a message the other day but alas, you know my computer skills, even reading the directions didn't help. Sermon at church this morning was on how we are to respect our men . #1 priority. Just thought I'd throw that in. Guess what Dad and I are doing? Going to Braums tomorrow. Yea!!! Heather called Wednesday to make sure you got there ok. She had tried to email you but it didn't work. Jasper is really missing his Mom. I only have two lunch dates this week. I'm gonna need a LaMesa fix quick when you do get home. I hope you do get up to see the DMZ. You know how I feel about that. Worked on the garage again yesterday. Lots of fun. Found more stuff for you to take with you. Not really. We miss you lots, Glad you're having a good time.Love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your having a great time - I miss you!!! Belly dancing was no fun with out you!!! you missed learning how to dance with a vail!!! "I love to run my hands across my face like this..."

Much Love and see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having
a good time over there.
Look forward to more pictures.
Make sure you try all the Korea food over there.

Anonymous said...

ok, So since North Korea is shooting off their nuclear weapons, even if they are underground, we are a little concerned. You are just one little country away and since you are in the Northern part of the country we'd really appreciate you letting us know how things are going and if David is still available to you! Sooner is better than later of course. Aunt Kay is as nervous as Linda, Aunt Patty, Don and your Dad and I amongst others. Yo Mama

Anonymous said...

Hey punkin seed,
Did you get to go to the DMZ? They had a big thing on it on the news the other night.
Can't wait to see you Monday although I know you don't want to leave David. It will be wonderful to see David the next week.
Love you both, Yo Mama