Tuesday, October 10, 2006

towers, jewels & palaces...





Today Dave and I went on a tour in Seoul. First stop was Namdaemun Market. It was a HUGE market of pretty much anything you could want. I think it's Seoul's version of Wal-Mart, but outside. Kidding... kinda.

After that stop we went to Seoul Tower, please find the many pictures taken from there. It was pretty incredible and pretty stinkin high up. We drove most of the way up but there was a hike that just about killed me. I think I know what heart attacks may feel like now. (on a lighter note, my asthma has not bothered me at all since I've arrived). So, we tried to take pictures from the tower, but unfortunately we mostly ended up with pictures of smog. I'm trying to share the more clear ones on here.

After Seoul Tower we made a quick stop at the Amethyst factory where Dave absolutely felt an incredible urge to buy me a necklace! Wasn't that sweet? :)

Next stop was the Changkeok Palace. Very ornate buildings but honestly not at all what you think of when you think of a palace. Probably would have been more interesting if I would have known my Korean history better. But this palace did have the Secret Garden, which was very pretty.

After all that, Dave and I were pretty exhausted. Not much else today. Tomorrow we're headed to Insadong and surrounding areas.

Hongul lesson...

Nay = yes. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, we miss you and I was worried about "the nut up north" yesterday, but am glad to hear you are doing well and getting to see so many sites, along with your husband. Take care and we love you. Shawn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a blast!!! I still miss my e-mail friend though!

A.E. Lansing said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! well, except for the smog.

Be safe in the chaos of local news, I'm starting to worry, but there's nothing to do but wait and see what those crazys do next.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, Bunny & I were just talking about you guys. Glad to see everything is OK there, we weren't sure with all the crazyness in the North. We miss you lots.

Brianna

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! It's great to hear from the two of you and knowing all is well. I'll be glad when you both are back in the states. I like that Dave just got the"urge to buy you a necklace-I'm sure there was no hint.

Sure wish you were bakc here in Georgia. You are missed very much.

Take care and stay out of the way of the crazy up north.

Bunny